Sander Engineering Corporation’s clients have varied between small and large, private and public. A typical sampling of our clients include:
- Municipalities (City of Houston, League City, Sugar Land, Hillcrest Village)
- Harris County and surrounding counties
- Municipal Utility Districts
- Private Developers
- Financial Institutions
- Title Companies
- School Districts
- Insurance Companies
SEC has extensive experience in working effectively with local clients and various local regulatory entities. This has enabled the firm to maintain a familiarity with the specifications and regulatory requirements frequently encountered during proposed projects, including Harris County and surrounding counties, TxDOT, State of Texas and federal regulations. Our experience and background gained in public works projects, along with our relationships with these agencies, has assisted with expediting reviews and obtaining approvals in a timely manner.
Many of the firm’s projects have included work in the vicinity of existing utilities such as telephone lines, pipeline corridors, rail roads, power lines or others with easements. Some projects have required relocation of existing utilities while others have required the use of trenchless technologies to complete installation. SEC has proven its ability to work with the various utility owners and has the expertise to supply engineering solutions for complex problems.
We are familiar with the particular requirements that most of these entities enforce when encroaching on their easements. We have worked closely with entities such as:
- CenterPoint Energy
- Texas-New Mexico Power Company
- Railroad companies such as BNSF & H&TC Railroads
- Various pipeline companies such as Teppco, Kinder Morgan, Amoco, etc.
SEC is well capitalized and has enjoyed an excellent banking relationship with Chase Bank of Texas, NA for many years. The firm carries all required and appropriate insurance to do business in Texas, including professional liability.
SEC maintains a strong relationship in many of the professional organizations involved with engineering and construction, including:
- American Consulting Engineers Counsel
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Houston
- Association of Water Board Directors
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Surveyors
- American Water Works Association
- Society of American Military Engineers
- Texas Water Utilities Association
Our professional staff is encouraged to be involved with these organizations and we currently maintain positions with the American Council of Engineering Companies- Houston on the Contracts Committee along with standing members of the Design Standards/Plan Review Committee, the Governmental Affairs Committee and the Water Resources Committee.